Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6699 times)

Offline darthrax

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Infinium
Hello
« on: August 29, 2012, 12:21:23 am »
Hi all,

Been a while since i've had time to play pretty much anything... but it breaks my heart to see infinium down... This little project has taught me so much that I find it strange that its not working anymore... So I want you guys to help me bring it back up. We need to get organized and make a good strategy for where we want the server to go. Once we come to a decision, we start fresh and with a bang!

As I see it, the main issues that this server has faced are as follows:
  • A lack of publicity.
  • Improper administration. (Even on my part)
  • A general lack of a theme, unique or otherwise..(we've been running through plugins like headless chicken)
  • No noob guide. (We know Infinium well but a new person has no clue whats going on)

So what I want from you guys is ideas on how we can fix these as well as any other issues you think the server faces. I would like to form new *teams* of players with specific tasks with regards to solving the above. If anyone has any ambitions of joining the server staff, now is the time. I only require people who are serious, dedicated and can get the job done.

In other news work is keeping me quite busy but its turning out to be quite fun. Trying to wheedle out a few more hours out of each day... lets see how it goes...

Offline hellorandom

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:05:22 am »
Well darth it's good to see you on the forums once again and I am super exited the server will not be going down.
At the moment I do not have computer access but when I get to a computer I will make more extensive post.

EDIT:
Now that I am at a computer I am just going to repeat some suggestions people have had

Quote from Legit_Panda on Forum Topic Average Players:
What i think we should do:
1-2 people advertise and no one else advertise for a week or two!
Depending on the amount of players we have we can get someone else to advertise again until we meet the average amount of players!

Quote from Nathanwar on Forum Topic For The Update:
why not make a testificate trading post around spawn?

Quote from hellorandom on Forum Topic For The Update:
I suggest just a few idea for what happens to the server as the next update starts. I have recently noticed that lots of servers with the Towny plugin have begun to get popular. also with all the changes with map generation and emerald being added to the game I suggest we reset all of them maps. We would trash the faction map all together. Then instead of the Faction plugin we got Towny like we have had in past times. We should also make it so only people with cirtain perms can make a town so there are not over 10 different town with barely any people.

Also because it costs money to buy and sell towny plots we could make a more complex shop system based upon a Admin shop and a mall of several player shops. I have other ideas and i will edit this topic once I get some info on them.

I will continuously update this post as i find more ideas made up by players on the server to add to it.

EDIT:Well now i am tired of strolling old topics for good ideas so I am just going to help answer some problems directly.  For the lack of publicity I think we should go with Panda's idea that I have previously quoted in this message. And then to hook the players onto the server after they come on to check it out we are going to need a killer spawn. ( I think that is covered because of the spawn competition hosted by silversun123) We are also going to need more around the clock Administering coverage of Moderators or Admins checking griefs and problems with players. And also maybe somehow make it so there are a few head admins (JasonFran or tsaidaf) that could somehow have access to the Console so they can restart the server as it tends to get laggy if it is not restarted. I know most people do not read these long posts so if you are reading this whole thing and have a reply just write *Cow Tail* in your reply so i know I did not type this all up for no reason. Also I was thinking for a theme to the server it could be maybe like a server split into different countrys you have to join and try to either make peace with all the others or go to war with eachother.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:43:02 am by hellorandom »
your all gay

Offline silversun123

• Mod
  • I Am Silversun The Final Sun God
    • View Profile
    • INFINIUM An Awesome Server
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 04:00:55 am »
Cows. Moooooo.

ill have the part of the publicity I'm alreadyy creating in advert that will look good that we could even use as the offical.ad if its liked enouh. Abyway back to the point i need to wait for a few 1.3 structures to be made so i can show tham off. Either way i have big plans

Offline hellorandom

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 04:11:37 am »
Have you picked the 1.3 spawn winner yet?
your all gay

Offline 2_Neel_3

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 05:04:47 am »
Hey Darth good to see you back on the forums.
Darth I have a pretty good idea how to get it more popular and I have a idea how to make you get loads of donators.
How to get it more popular- Advertising everywhere e.g. YouTube,  FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter and Skype etc. Also on all video you watch on Youtube put the ip on the comments (that's something most people can do) and also put a link to the server advertisment video on youtube.

Donaters- ill tell you that on Skyper ;)

Offline 2_Neel_3

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 05:23:53 am »
Skype*

Offline Legit_Panda

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 07:09:44 am »
Good to see you darth!
The spawn i made for 1.3, i actually have a noob guide about the server and bit bout minecraft itself, if that helps ?

Offline 2_Neel_3

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 08:08:16 am »
If anyone has any ambitions of joining the server staff, now is the time. I only require people who are serious, dedicated and can get the job done.  Quote from darths text so are you saying... anyone wanna be a staff on infinium?:P

Offline hellorandom

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Hello
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 08:36:50 am »
Neel yes but you have to qualify for it and one of the jobs of a mod is to stop spam on the forms and you cause a lot of the spam recently
your all gay

Offline 2_Neel_3

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 05:38:54 pm »
Neel yes but you have to qualify for it and one of the jobs of a mod is to stop spam on the forms and you cause a lot of the spam recently
What? Sorry, I'm not a Mod? And spamming is when you keep on sending it on the same topic again and again I was doing seperate ones.

Offline hellorandom

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 01:17:50 am »
Neel i am sure people will agree with me that posting on topics that ended weeks ago is cloggging stuff up
your all gay

Offline Jasonfran

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 03:13:42 am »
Mcserverlist.net, one week advert on there would get alot of publicity, its the most popular serverlist site on the internet and the advertised servers have a lot of players. I have always said that that would be the best idea, atleast try it once

Offline darthrax

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Infinium
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 05:25:33 am »
Cow tail.

Ok guys heres the situation. I am making some investments so the advertising budget is basically 0. I'm trying to arrange money for the server itself at the moment. I dont see it starting for the next month at least unless someone makes a big donation... Keeping that in mind, I want to keep the next month for planning and testing, as well as strategising what we want to do. Heres a list of things that need to be covered as I see it. Please start a new topic for each one to be discussed so that this topic can be the consolidated one where we list all final decisions.

1. Server Theme (I like the Towny idea with different countries, but again we've tried Towny and its too complicated for most players)
2. Advertising (Free or Paid but the budget would have to be done by you guys... I'm out of cash atm)
3. Staff Requirements

Offline 2_Neel_3

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 05:39:10 am »
1. Towny is pretty cool it causes less grief.
2. Advertisement can be done by all of us for free just make accounts on youtube etc and post the ip everywhere.
3. Staff I would love to help out and be a staff :D and I think hellorandom definetly deserves it and some others like Legit_Panda because he has been on the server quite long and a little bit more I said me because I know quite a lot of plugins have had loads of experience and know lots about hawk eye etc.

Offline hellorandom

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Hello
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 07:07:50 am »
Cow tail.

Ok guys heres the situation. I am making some investments so the advertising budget is basically 0. I'm trying to arrange money for the server itself at the moment. I dont see it starting for the next month at least unless someone makes a big donation... Keeping that in mind, I want to keep the next month for planning and testing, as well as strategising what we want to do. Heres a list of things that need to be covered as I see it. Please start a new topic for each one to be discussed so that this topic can be the consolidated one where we list all final decisions.

1. Server Theme (I like the Towny idea with different countries, but again we've tried Towny and its too complicated for most players)
2. Advertising (Free or Paid but the budget would have to be done by you guys... I'm out of cash atm)
3. Staff Requirements
I'm glad you took time to read my long post and I would donate but I just dropped 800 on a laptop so I don't have to use my family computer. I think maybe if Towny is to complicated we could go towards more of a clan plugin like we have had before but only allow certain people to create clans. By the time the server is up I will be able to play often and am hoping I can try to fill a spot of the server staff. If I start getting a cash flow I will try to donate money to the server. But right now I do not have any job. In the summer though I will be able to donate (if I get the job again) money.
your all gay