8214 Posts in 801 Topics - by 660 Members - Latest Member: Alersik

Author Topic: Minecraft: Anti Religious?  (Read 9802 times)

Offline ProjectSaturn

• Mod
  • Forum's Medic
    • View Profile
Minecraft: Anti Religious?
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:05:19 am »
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266
According to this website, Minecraft destroys the Economy and makes children Sex Slaves. A direct quote from the OP:
"Defying God by promoting genetic manipulation!
First of all Minecraft shows us what the world will look like once the evolutionists finally get what they want and start genetically manipulating everything and everyone. This is not outdated software! This is hypermodern brand new software which is specifically designed to look like this! To mock God and His amazing creations everything has been made to look like idiotic cubes. Notice the tree and the pig are both completely made out of cubes! This is what will happen if we allow defying God's creation with genetic manipulation to go on! Minecraft is already manipulating our innocent children into thinking that all this is normal!"
What do you guys think? mind opening shit right there.

Offline Legit_Panda

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Anti Religious?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:12:56 am »
Firstly that is directly from a religous view. Not all religoues people would believe that. Its a game.
However than an atheist would say something like, its a game created by humans. This is a poor religous interpretation in my opinion however i can see were/what they mean!

Offline silversun123

• Mod
  • I Am Silversun The Final Sun God
    • View Profile
    • INFINIUM An Awesome Server
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 12:44:36 pm »
tbh idc how anyone can see MC as anti religious...

yes the world looks like cubes, but isn't that saying that sonic's games are anti religious for a blue supersonic hedgehog to roam the world? or for a obese Italian plumber (Mario) to fly through space without the need of any protection what so ever? 

by using that logic, every game that isn't a CoD game is anti religious because it is against what god designed.  and CoD is sheer SHIT. so if anything, its telling you what the perfect world is. that's his only point. and i already turned it upside down..

these are all just games... things made to entertain and pass time.

and that's why i don't believe in any religion. they all go far too extreme on everything. the reason why the world isn't full of cities and towns polluting the earth (and i don't believe in global warming either) is because it was originally designed to be a proper sandbox game where your creativity is the limit. just because it has zombies and blocky animals doesn't mean its still not one. (oh and where did god decree that the world must be full of cities?)

people who say this sort of stuff are stupid and clearly let things go to their head wayyy too seriously. they need to learn to lighten up and see the good side of life because all their doing atm is wasting their own. its brand new software because thats what it was made with... what else was notch supposed to do? travel to the 1990s and make minecraft for the SNES? oh wait... god made time travel impossible... and where the actual FUCK is this genetic manipulation bullcrap coming from? its not doing anything close to the sort?
we people who think this is 'normal', are kinda right... there is more than cities in this world.. ever heard of the countryside... yes it doesn't go snowy sandy jungly but what you want to travel over 10000000 blocks just to move biome? no... so they made it simpler.

to finish off its not making us sex slaves... people are just dicks. if you make something nice and someone threatens to destroy it unless you do what they say, open a god-damn singleplayer world where they cant find you.

all this shit is is mindless (not trying to be mean here but this next bit in italics is mostly family guy's fault why i beleive this) typically americanchristian propaganda. and its wrong.
NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE. and all they are trying to do is scare kids off with propaganda. so they do other things. this is just like kony 2012. american bullshit so that the younger citizens are tricked into fueling specific parts of the economy.

what is this world coming to? does are governments seriously have to tel us what is right or wrong? what the hell happened to freedom and equal rights... people who believe this shit (no offense to anyone who does) are just mindless dummies who believe anything a big organisation says...

now THAT, is some mind opening shit...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:46:18 pm by silversun123 »

Offline The_Ms

• Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 12:59:23 pm »
Religious extremists are retards. Minecraft is a game designed to have fun, not to make fun of anything. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Offline ThaLangosta

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 04:42:38 pm »
You know what they say about them OPs...

Offline hellorandom

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:04:47 pm »
why the fuck does this even have to be talked about we all agree he is not right
your all gay

Offline Aishlingkerr99

• Citizen
  • Lol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:37:37 pm »
Eoin you troll. Im not sure some random priest would be moaning about a game. 8)

Offline The_Ms

• Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:47:10 pm »
You've got a point. Besides there are a LOT of worse games than Minecraft, if we should see it anti-religious.

Also there are trolls everywhere trying to make religion look bad by pretending to be religious, and coming with a completely stupid statement which also insults. This might be the case here as well.

Offline ProjectSaturn

• Mod
  • Forum's Medic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
MOAR DISCUSSION.
DOWN SYNDROME IS A LIFESTYLE CHOICE
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=68675

Offline The_Ms

• Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 11:10:37 pm »
What are you trying to tell us, Project? Damn, I didn't know you roamed christian forums looking for troll posts all day?

Offline nathanwar

• Citizen
  • I like Trains
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 11:11:34 pm »
I walked in earlier and looked on here and i was like WTF
Sent from my Bum

Offline silversun123

• Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 12:24:36 am »
pro. please stop trolling the forums with random bullshit... if you want to annoy people, rape their mother... not copy/paste an an american christian article on how down syndrome is a choice and how MC makes kids sex slaves....

Offline SMG_Killer59

• Citizen
  • me gusta
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 12:32:28 am »
nah this amuses me. dont read it if you get annoyed

Offline silversun123

• Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 01:10:05 am »
nah this amuses me. dont read it if you get annoyed
im not amused, but i'm not annoyed. even in fun you should never make statements which are serious...

saying 'down syndrome is a life style' , will offend everyone who is / knows a patient. (im calling it patient cos its better than down syndrome kid...) its a serious matter. if you had MS (multiple sclerosis) and that page said that MS was a story used to get funding for health care and to make people feel sorry for you, wouldn't that annoy you?? surely they (even in fun) shouldn't be allowed to get to this serious degree of so called 'statements'. its wrong.

Offline nathanwar

• Citizen
  • I like Trains
    • View Profile
Minecraft: Anti Religious?
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 03:09:33 am »

im guessing this is american?
Sent from my Bum