8214 Posts in 801 Topics - by 660 Members - Latest Member: Alersik

Author Topic: how not to make a mod aplication (also a how to guide)  (Read 1664 times)

Offline mean_man2288

• Citizen
  • SOPA IN FREANCH is MoNcE SALAUDE
    • View Profile
how not to make a mod aplication (also a how to guide)
« on: January 14, 2012, 04:32:42 am »
wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap im mean_mon2288(spelling mistakes perposeful) have playd on this server 10 seconds and was wondering if i could be a mod/admmin on this sever i have no clue how to use the admin stuff, i havent reasearched it and i am not willing to learn
why do you want to be admin/mod cause i want to spawn items for my bro and seem realy kind and the flyin and invun aint bad ether is it brov
Yes I understand that yall will ban me or demote me if I abuse my powers
Any way my mate dusty says that I'm reliable so isn't that a good enougth reason to promote me.

That's the end of the aplication and now I will give you some advise

You will need to consider/do the folowing things:
1does the server need admins or mods.(At this moment in time the server is not busy enough to need admins and mods. If you want to have a chanse at being mod advertise.)
2have you played this server long enough for the comunity to know you well enough(this won't happen just by saying hi)
3 are you mature enough(if you are 3 or have the mental age of a 3 year old don't apply)
4 are you willing to give up time for the server(jason and tsaid are great examples for this because they built most the public structures eg the spawn and the mall where built by tsaidaf and jasonfran spent several hours programing an oficial server mod)
5 do you like helping people or do you just want creative mode and teleport

After you have considered these you can then apply
Remember to use the folowing tips
1 be polite and respectfull(no one wants some one who thinks there superior to be in controll of the ban list.)
2 make sure you know what you want to say(perhaps make a draft on paper if you are unsure.)
3 make sure there is no swearing in it
4 check your spelling ang grammar( its best if you do it when your not tired mabee even ask family to check it.
5 research the admin comands (you could ask an admin on the server about the plugins you would need to learn about. I would also strongly advise that you download a server consle with the plugins used on infinium to practice the comands.)
6make a formal aplication (this is highly recomended if you are bad at politely phrasing things in a casual form.)
6 Finaly thik about what you have done for the server not just what would you do if you where admin (it might even be a good idea to compare them to my examples of jason and tsaid.)
If you still think you fill all the criteria fill in the aplication.

ALSO REMEMBER THAT YO DON'T NEED TO BE RANKED TO HELP PEOPLE EVEN A GUEST COULD BE HELPFULL.

(Using this I have aplied for mod on 5 other servers and now I'm mod on two and admin on one.)
Sorry if I offended anyone and I hope this is helpful.

This could be considered a reply to saturns coment on jasons mod aplication (its not realy though
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:28:01 pm by mean_man2288 »

Offline ProjectSaturn

• Mod
  • Forum's Medic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:12 am »
I would give out normally about these sort of things, but you have clearly put alot of effort into this post. Here, have a cookie! /givecookie

Offline SMG_Killer59

• Citizen
  • me gusta
    • View Profile
Re: how not to make a mod aplication (also a how to guide)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 06:49:35 am »
you have no computer the cookies shall not be given

Offline Jasonfran

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 02:15:26 pm »
/give projectsaturn A long and painful death

Offline ProjectSaturn

• Mod
  • Forum's Medic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 04:19:41 pm »
D:

Offline Jasonfran

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 04:23:10 pm »
:D

Offline mean_man2288

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 05:32:46 pm »
I do have a computer and a very good one at that, so smg what I will say to you is **** YOU Good sir.

Offline mean_man2288

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:49:38 pm »
I would give out normally about these sort of things, but you have clearly put alot of effort into this post. Here, have a cookie! /givecookie

Thank you saturn

I put a lot of effort into all my topics including the **** you nathan war apology note that was left posted for 3 days and he didn't read it =(